I had all kinds of posts planned this week but now it's Friday, somehow, and the big day is here.
Fifty years ago these two nineteen year-olds were married in during a one hour mass and celebrated a reception at the country club.
The engagement on Christmas 1975
A year after the wedding.
Actually Christmas 1982 with a 4 year old, a 2 year old, a 1 year old and my youngest daughter under my maternity smock. You can tell I am expecting by the slits of my eyes in my swollen face.
The 1990's.
The day we learned we were going to be grandparents.
Our fortieth wedding anniversary.
And now the 50th!
There were even more but I will spare you. Didn't the photographer do a good job? More dress up, I guess. I got his tux on clearance for only $99 last winter and my dress was $19.99 from Temu. I just realized today that I could have probably used it for my Bridgerton Dress for the tea party by adding a ribbon under the bodice. Oh well.
And while I am speaking of dress up again, the witches outfit is not going to work. The sequined blouse, which is lovely, is too blousy for the skirt and it is just not good. I have already ordered a second top and if worse comes to worse, I will just wear a plain black dress I already own with one of my fabulous witch's hats and call it a day.
We have reservations for a fancy dinner tonight at the resort where I used to attend the Christmas weekend. We are spending the night and enjoying the fabulous breakfast buffet in the morning before coming home. Sunday our children (five children, four partners, 11 grandchildren) are taking us out for lunch at the restaurant that hosts my tea parties. And Monday will be leftovers.











No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments. Sometimes it takes me a hot minute to authorize comments due to grandchildren commitments. I apologize but I can't let those scammers get the upper hand!