I had all kinds of posts planned this week but now it's Friday, somehow, and the big day is here.
Fifty years ago these two nineteen year-olds were married in during a one hour mass and celebrated a reception at the country club.
The engagement on Christmas 1975
A year after the wedding.
Actually Christmas 1982 with a 4 year old, a 2 year old, a 1 year old and my youngest daughter under my maternity smock. You can tell I am expecting by the slits of my eyes in my swollen face.
The 1990's.
The day we learned we were going to be grandparents.
Our fortieth wedding anniversary.
And now the 50th!
There were even more but I will spare you. Didn't the photographer do a good job? More dress up, I guess. I got his tux on clearance for only $99 last winter and my dress was $19.99 from Temu. I just realized today that I could have probably used it for my Bridgerton Dress for the tea party by adding a ribbon under the bodice. Oh well.
And while I am speaking of dress up again, the witches outfit is not going to work. The sequined blouse, which is lovely, is too blousy for the skirt and it is just not good. I have already ordered a second top and if worse comes to worse, I will just wear a plain black dress I already own with one of my fabulous witch's hats and call it a day.
We have reservations for a fancy dinner tonight at the resort where I used to attend the Christmas weekend. We are spending the night and enjoying the fabulous breakfast buffet in the morning before coming home. Sunday our children (five children, four partners, 11 grandchildren) are taking us out for lunch at the restaurant that hosts my tea parties. And Monday will be leftovers.











Fantastic photos and happy 50th! Have a merry time, Miss Merry.
ReplyDeleteWonderful wander back in time. Happy anniversary.
ReplyDeleteWas having issues leaving comments for about 24 hours but we are back in business. now. :)
Blogger finally fixed the issue with commenting on all Blogger blogs!! I tried commenting twice before so here I go again!! Happy Anniversary!! 50 years is such a huge accomplishment as so many couple do not make it that long...I though Joe and I would but God had other plans for him...LOVE these pictures!! You both look great and I love your dress!! Good for you losing that weight and keeping it off as I know how hard it is to do so..If I could lost 20 more pounds in addition to the 10 I already lost, I will be happy with that...Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Deb
Debbie-Dabble Blog
A beautiful collection of photos, Happy Anniversary to the Merrys! ❤️๐งก๐๐๐ฉต๐ค
ReplyDeleteAt the risk of sounding like a groupie, I've come back here 4-5 more times just to look at these photos of you and Mr. Merry again. You're one of the kindest-hearted people I've met in the blogverse Miss Merry, I'm just glad to know you. ๐
DeleteFiddy! Yippee! You look absolutely fabulous in all of the shots, you are beautiful in and out and it shows.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a wonderful celebration.
For the last 24 hrs I couldn't comment on anything in Blogger, well, here I am! Have a great weekend!
Happy 50th! I tried to send this yesterday but Blogger had other ideas for comments. Hope the celebration went well.
ReplyDeleteHappiest of anniversaries. I'm so glad you have a special event/occasion for the evening/overnight and other fantastic celebrations planned. You are a gorgeous bride with a wonderful smile -- you smile with your eyes. You had a terrific photographer for the anniversary photos!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Have a wonderful weekend!!
ReplyDeleteWOW, I love this post. 19!! You were such babies. (: What beautiful photos, thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteDear Miss Merry, Happy Anniversary to you, dear friend!!! Yes, thankfully the comments are back again! Here is where we can let Google know about any issues in Blogger! This will definitely save time in thinking it may be a computer or browser issue...this was a Blogger issue, and Google has fixed it!
ReplyDeletehttps://support.google.com/blogger/community?hl=en&sjid=5187591198973310221-NC
Your photos are absolutely gorgeous, dear Miss Merry! You look fantastic, dear friend. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWell, this just made my day…so fun to see these photos and what a great job you’ve done on this very special event! Fiddy years!! All your planning has been wonderful, great job on the photos in your elegant attire ( love, love your choices and bargains) and congratulations on making charming memories for yourselves and your sweet family. Happy Anniversary! Best wishes for many, many, many more, Virginia xo
ReplyDeleteHappy 50th to you and your husband!! Loved seeing all the photos!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Photographic Journey of the Years spent together!!! You both have Aged so well, your Beloved was a very mature looking 19 Year Old. The Photographers did do a good job every Season you had them taken. I Wish I had done more Professional Photographs, but, we didn't.
ReplyDelete