Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Missing

*THEY FOUND HER*

After 4 1/2 hours, she was located inside an RV only 2 blocks from our street.  I am not sure yet if the RV was checked previously. They have called EMS to check her out. 

I am so relieved. I was so afraid that she had come to harm in the woods or in the river. Thank you for thinking about her. 

*   *    *     *     *      *    *     *     *     *      *     *

There is a complex of condominiums at the end of my street. They are all one story triplexes with two bedrooms, two baths, a large living space, two car garage, and a screened in back porch that overlooks the woods. I have friends who live in some of the units. 

We went out to our egg farm this morning and saw a police car on my street when we came home. We assumed they were watching the traffic since we are the detour for road construction. 

A woman with dementia got away from her husband and left her condo. This is now three hours ago.  

The entire police force and fire force are out looking. They have a search plane and a helicopter and drones. Half of town is driving around trying to find her.  They have dogs and golf carts.  

They have searched all the rivers and creeks. They have put alerts on phones, social media and the tv.  We have gotten pictures.  

My good friend is a neighbor and has told me she does go in other houses that are not her own. I am holding on to that. 

Everyone has walked the neighborhoods and the trails. They have searched the barns at the fairgrounds.

It has been 3 hours.  And now we are under a thunderstorm watch and it is raining.  I am so afraid for her.  

They may have found some clothing and are bringing in a fresh dog. A detective is sheltering the clothing.  

My son called and we reviewed our cameras. No sign of her. Everyone in town is reviewing security cameras.  No one has seen her. 

She is 79 years old and 5'1". She was wearing a white shirt and pink capris.  They still haven't found her. 

Our school bus should be here shortly.  It has been 3 1/2 hours.  I need to go smile and help decorate after school cookies. 

Please pray for Jenn.



8 comments:

  1. Dear Miss Merry, I will pray for Jenn! Unfortunately this is becoming more common where people (especially those who have Dementia or Alzheimers) go missing. I do hope she will be found safe and sound. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm late in seeing this but so thankful she was found ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad she was found too but I wish Blogger would get their act straight and fix the blog feeds, I'm not getting any notice of new blog posts here or anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful she was found hopefully unharmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had that happen here with an old farmer, he ran off and hid from the searchers. It is scary when those things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have door alarms at our house so we know if my mom opens the door. My father also had dementia and my brother (who happened to work for the police department at the time) gave the police station his photo and told them to pick him up if they ever see him in the streets. Dementia is such a difficult thing. Sigh… And I have it on both sides of the family.

    What a relief that they found this woman. I can imagine how relieved her husband was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so glad she has been found. Her poor husband must have been beside himself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I love your comments and suggestions and read them all. Due to spam, I will now have to approve all comments. Sometimes it takes me a hot minute to authorize comments due to grandchildren commitments. I apologize but I can't let those scammers get the upper hand!

Miss Merry