It's another "busy season". The temperatures have dropped to tolerable. And the grandkids have returned to school and extra curricular activities. We have been busy helping out with rides to practice and cheering for tennis, cross country, flag football, and soccer. We are in a medical appointment era and we did get our flu and covid vaccines. And we already had our first teacher in-service for one of the elementary schools (cue the trip to the park and Bob Evans breakfast).
Yesterday (Sunday) I was free during the day and two other grandchildren and their mother invited me to tag along to the amusement park. My job is to hold hats and purses and enjoy the scenery. I hope you enjoy it too!
I can't imagine the work to create these wonderful displays and also the constant maintenance. We saw several squirrels nibbling on the pumpkins and I am sure many will be replaced over the next month.
I did buy all the grandkids and their parents passes for next year for Christmas. And I bought one for myself but skipped the meal pass since I only made a few visits this summer. I did use this year's pass to get the special fall menu item - lobster bisque - for lunch. And had a steak and potato dinner at a log cabin.
The weather was absolutely perfect and by the end of the day I had walked over 11,932 steps which is about 5 miles. Which is crazy.
Just noticed the daughter cut herself out of the selfie.
The kids rode rides and posed by all the decorations. Sunday was the perfect day for their ages, they only do the scary stuff on Friday nights and Saturdays.
I do want to mention these are two different pairs of grandkids since they do all resemble each other. Sometimes I have to look twice to make sure who is who.

The pumpkin displays are amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou went to Cedar Point! The one in Ohio? It was my favorite place when I was younger. I can see how you would get a lot of steps in there. I haven't been there in years, but what a fun place to take the grands to.
Those displays are awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou get the grandma of the year award, do you know that?
These photos are just wonderful Miss Merry, loved all the displays and all the colors! You certainly had beautiful weather too. ๐ That lobster bisque looked delicious and yes, I was going to mention once that I'd never seen as many blondes in one family as I have with yours. You've got a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteHaha, like your daughter, sometimes I cut myself out of the family selfies too, if I am not feeling like it that day. The pumpkin display looks lovely! I hope you had a great time with your grandchildren.
ReplyDeleteMy best wishes to you from India.
What amazing Fall displays, so fun to see! And, what a terrific day you enjoyed, lots of fabulous memories for you all. Have another fun day no matter what you choose to come up with.๐งก
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, Virginia
That is a whole lot of pumpkins! I didn't even notice that someone was cut out of the photo.
ReplyDeleteWow, those displays are so nice. That's a lot of work and a lot of pumpkins.
ReplyDeleteDear Miss Merry, what a fun post and your photos are gorgeous, dear friend! Looks like a wonderful day! The displays are amazing!
ReplyDelete